Tuesday, October 18, 2011

drypoint etching!


So this is my latest project from my printmaking class; I just learned how to do drypoint etching on plexiglass and ran it through the press.  It's such a fun process!  I enjoyed myself today and will definitely print more of this image.  Maybe I will eventually get to the point where I can clean it properly, too; that's what all the smudges are.  >.<  

I will definitely do more of these: you take a sheet of glass, and an etching stylus, trace your design and then coat the glass with ink when you are done.  After that it's a simple matter of wiping away the ink and then pressing the bad boy.  The paper is given enough pressure that it picks up all the ink in the grooves of the glass from the scratches, and then when you are done you have a lovely reverse image!

Also, If you will excuse me, I just picked up Terry Pratchet's latest book from Amazon: "Snuff."  I'm going to go read it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment