Sunday, November 6, 2011

Nanowrimo, New Class Schedules on Monday!

So I have decided to go for a BFA after all in Painting.  I was thinking Liberal Arts, but really BFA is only one semester longer.  That means I will be at EKU two more years; next semester they consider me a senior.  I'll get to take all the painting classes, though, whereas otherwise one can only take 3 studio classes so as to get a minor without wasting one's time elsewhere.

I'm thinking of taking Art Criticism, Photography I, Painting III, Printmaking II, and I also need a physical science class.  Or maybe even take the Art History class offered for Graphic Design.  I need a bunch of 300+ classes and Writing Intensive classes to graduate.  If I go BFA route, I'll also need to take Wellness and another Humanities class.

I will apply for BFA next semester, which means submitting a bunch of artwork for the professors and Head of Department to look at before deciding whether I will be able to advance in the program and do something useful with myself.  Hopefully I'll get in on the first try.

Also, I am participating in National Novel Writing Month of November, which means I'm trying to write 50,000 words in one month.  (Insane, but I'm still going strong right now and my story is keeping me entertained for once!)

No comments:

Post a Comment