Monday, October 10, 2011

7 Wonders!


Found this image on Board Game Geek for 7 Wonders-- the newest game I have played so far this year! Exciting indeed.  I've wanted to try it for a while, and my sister had a 40% discount for any game at Barnes and Noble.  They've got a decent game section so we had fun browsing and deciding what to get.  

So far we have only played this with two players, but I'm looking forward to playing it with three because the 2-player version requires a dummy city that each player controls every other turn.  

The basic idea of the game is to build up your city with resources, science, military, and your wonders; at the beginning of each turn you have seven cards.  You pick one card to build or turn into cash, then change out your hand with another player.  It seems like an extremely strategic game, and I'm not sure I've wrapped my mind around it yet since I have only played three times.  The first time I lost miserably, the second time I won with military, and the third time I tied but my sister had more coins than I did, so she won.  I'm not sure if the game will prove to be fairly even or wildly erratic as far as scoring is concerned, but there are several different strategies to winning and they seem to be fairly equal as far as the amount of effort in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment