Saturday, October 8, 2011

Ceramic Coil Pots!

So this weekend on Friday I finished my pots and smoothing them out; I thought I would post pictures so you guys could check it out.  The first pot we had to do was symmetrical, had to be as large around as a basketball at the widest point and have a 4-inch closure. 

You can see all the other pots in the background which are HUGE.  My pot is one of the smallest in the class. 

The second half of the project was to build an asymmetrical pot; the rest of the requirements still applied.  Here it is, but you need a couple pictures to appreciate what I did with it since the back does not equal the front at all. 



Anyway, I think it ended up looking pretty awesome, if very female in shape.  (But still much, much better than my friend's concept, who deliberately chose to design her pot in the shape of a specific abstracted male anatomy. *.*) Other than my pinch pots at the beginning of the semester, this class is the first time I have ever worked with clay.  If you get a chance to take a ceramics class, go for it!  It's great fun, especially if one has a great professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment