Monday, October 3, 2011

Random Sculpture via "Mess"

Yeah, it's not much.  The assignment from "Mess: Manual of Accidents and Mistakes" ran as followed:

There was a page with an empty nine by nine grid; I was supposed to pick out nine items which I had around my house and pick three of them at random from a hat (I taped an envelope on the cut-out page and stuffed the slips of paper in that) to build a sculpture.  Among my items were nails, q-tips, foam board, Popsicle sticks, nails, etc.  The three that I picked out happened to be wire, q-tips, and Popsicle sticks, so this is what I did with them.

Actually I was surprised how well the paper wire held together the sticks and q-tips.

If I were to add to this I think I might draw on the sticks to give them more umph.  As it is, here be Random Sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment