Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cincinnati Art Museum Field Trip!

So, the art museum was awesome.  I did NOT get to spend nearly the amount of time I wanted to so that I could see everything; I spent most of my time on the second floor.  The third floor was rather sparse, thankfully, although there were several amazing sculptures including a HUGE one by Frank Stella.

Also saw paintings by multiple artists I now recognized from my Art History II, Modern Art, and  Art Appreciation course; it was like a three hour summary of three semesters of work. (Of course there were other paintings to see as well that I had never heard about, but those courses gave me a good foundation to understand the majority of what I was seeing.

Of course these were just a few of the amazing things I got to see, and I did not even get to see that much of it!  I brought my sketchbook, but I was too busy looking at things and reading plaques and trying to take it all in and remember as much of it as I could! (Impossible task.)

No comments:

Post a Comment