Monday, November 7, 2011

Messed up registration!

So for classes I get to sign up tomorrow since I am a senior.  Or rather I would, but the online registration is messed up for the art department with its stacked classes.  So I need overrides for Painting III and Print II.  This is how it goes: There are only eighteen spots in studio classes that accept students from levels 2 and up.  The computer is reading each of those level as 18 EACH.  So they have made the number of students in each class II-VI read as 0. 

Everyone now wanting to get in an advanced class must get an override for it from the adviser and faculty member who teaches that class.  Only the first 18 are accepted. 

What worries me is Painting III, which I need to apply for a BFA in painting-- but I am not Pre-Painting major in my Degree works;  I read as Liberal Arts, because they messed around with how to change majors and I was going to do it at the end of this semester.  If the Head of the Department reads that, he may nix my getting into Painting III since he has the final say in such matters because he may think I could wait another semester to take it.  Which I can't.  I'm already going to be at EKU two more years.  Let's not make it FIVE SEMESTERS.  

Also Print II, which I need to apply for BFA as well.  He doesn't like the Print Professor apparently, and it sounds like the feeling is mutual, so he's even less likely to accept Professor Dave's overrides, even though I did the things correctly. 

ARRRGH!  I already have all the prereqs for these classes, it should not be this difficult!

To top it off the lady working in the office wasn't there today so I have to wait even longer to hear anything at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment